Friday, April 17, 2009

Ubuntu Dual Boot...

So I'm trying to wrap my head around OSes that aren't Windows...
In order to crack WPA security (in order to show network vulnerability) and other cool little apps, they need to be Linux based (M$ hasn't figured that one out yet.) I've gone through the process of creating a dual botting laptop with both Vista on it (it came with the laptop) and Ubuntu. I tried the KDE flavor of Ubuntu (Kubuntu) but I wasn't happy with the flakiness of video that I got and a few crashes of the software. I know that's not usually enough to switch gears for most but I'm just playing around with it.
There are so many things that you can do once you're finally in the OS. The command line is way more powerful than the GUI, but I need some time to adjust.

I also just realized there's a 64 bit version so I'll be downloading that and flattening the install just one more time to get it right.

It's never too late to teach an aging dog new tricks!

~Matt S.

No comments:

Post a Comment